Hummus Mashed Potato
(NOT YOUR REGULAR PIE- BY T ARA KHATTAR)
Here it is guys, my apple pie recipe with the caramel sauce made with Cortas Amazing Tahini. The Tahini caramel is a special twist to this traditional dessert, it's nutty and sweet yet has a little salty taste that makes it yummy and addictive. It's so precious to me because i grew up eating this dessert Mom used to make, and now that i finally mastered the way to baking it, it taste just like the one my mother makes. Happy cooking!
INGREDIENTS For the base:
- 3 cups of flouwer
- 1 cup cold butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup ice water
For the filling:
- 10 apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp corn flour
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cream1 cup cortas tahini
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle of suga
- - Mix the flower, cold butter, small pinch of salt in a food processor and pinch until it crumbles.
- - Add ice water and mix until it forms a ball.
- - Roll the dough, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30mns.
- - Start preparing the filling by peeling, coring and slicing the apples (do not slice them too thin).
- - Cook the apples for about 5 mns with the lemon juice, cinnamon, honey and a pinch of salt.
- - Remove the apples, add corn flour to their cooking sauce, whisk it until it slightly thickens then pour over the cooked apples and set aside to cool.
- - Meanwhile make your caramel sauce: mix the sugar, butter, cream and tahini with a pinch of salt, over the fire for about 5mns.
- - Take your dough out of the fridge, cut in half, and roll it out on a flour surface.
- - Roll each part alone, flipping it over as you go, to ensure consistent thickness.
- - Transfer one part of your rolled dough into your pie dish to make the base.
- - Poke it with a fork before filling it with the apple mixture.
- - Cover with the second part, press at the edges to close and cut the excess off with a knife (make sure you open holes before decorating it).
- - Brush with one egg, and sprinkle with sugar before cooking at 375 degrees for 30
- - 45 mns until golden brown.Serve with the tahini sauce and enjoy.