Eggplant With Yogurt & Thyme
(A MIDDLE EASTERN APPETIZER OR SIDE DISH)
Simple to make, this Middle Eastern dish is packed with flavor. Grilled eggplants seasoned with fresh thyme leaves, drizzled with olive oil and topped with a tangy yogurt sauce. An elegant and tasteful dish, the traditional eggplant with yogurt appetizer can also be served as a side dish.
- 1x 660g jar CORTAS grilled eggplant
- 3 tbsp CORTAS ground thyme mix (zaatar)
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup cortas extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- For garnishing: Fresh thyme leaves
In a mixing bowl, scoop the CORTAS grilled eggplant and combine with yogurt, garlic, CORTAS olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and CORTAS ground thyme mix. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and serve with toasted pita bread.